[DCRM-L] works by Joseph Pellicer de Touar

Michele Estep miestep at fiu.edu
Wed Jun 15 13:43:36 MDT 2016

Dear catalogers of rare materials,

This is my first post to the list so please bear with me.

I am cataloging a 2 volume set of works by Pellicer de Touar, Joseph, 1602-1679.  Each work has its own title page.  Publication dates vary from approximately 1647 to 1673, all in Madrid.  There are about 15 to 20 of these altogether.  A lot of them seem to be in OCLC.

What I'm wondering about is whether to catalog them as a collection.  I am not sure when they were bound together. The binding (brown leather?) does look quite old but I am no expert.  The textblock (I hope I am using the write term) is uniform (all even) and appears to be pink/red speckled, although perhaps it was once solid red.  The spines are gold engraved with: PELLICER GENEALO.   TOM. I    TOM. II.

If cataloging them as a collection is not an option, can I create a record with spine title or perhaps I can supply the title myself and then put all the separate titles in the 245 field or 505 field and trace each with a 740?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you so much.

Michele

Michele Estep