[DCRM-L] works by Joseph Pellicer de Touar

Thu Jun 16 14:45:43 MDT 2016

655 _7 ‡a Sammelbands (Provenance) ‡2 rbprov ‡5 [institution code]

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu | orcid.org/0000-0001-5848-5467

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of dawn.grattino
Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2016 16:17
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] works by Joseph Pellicer de Touar

Would sammelbands be coded ǂ2 rbpro?

Dawn Grattino
Senior Catalog Librarian
Cleveland Public Library
Catalog Dept.
17133 Lakeshore Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44110
216-623-2885
fax 216-623-6980
dawn.grattino at cpl.org<mailto:dawn.grattino at cpl.org>
http://www.cpl.org
________________________________
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu<mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu> <dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu<mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu>> on behalf of Deborah J. Leslie <DJLeslie at FOLGER.edu<mailto:DJLeslie at FOLGER.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 4:46:52 PM
To: DCRM Users' Group

Michele,

When you say there are a lot of them in OCLC, do you mean that there are a lot of records for the individual titles?

It sounds like you have a sammelband, a collection of works issued separately and bound together later by an owner. The usual way of treating them is to catalog each work separately and relating the titles through a note: see DCRM(B) 7B19.3.4.

If you really only want one record for the volumes, follow DCRM(B) Appendix B, Collection-level records. That provides for a devised title and, if you want, a 505 listing all the individual titles. I personally would recommend that you add name/title added entries for the separate works; 740s can be added in addition—a lot of places do this because of the clumsiness our ILSs have in indexing the ‡t part of a name/title heading.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu<mailto:djleslie at folger.edu> | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu | orcid.org/0000-0001-5848-5467