[DCRM-L] Ligatus thesaurus

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 23 09:24:10 MDT 2016

The MARC Standards Office has informed me that kobt was indeed a typo, and
has already corrected the source code list and the technical notice to read
lobt.

http://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/tn160406src.html

http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html

This means we will be able to use the code lobt in MARC records to indicate
terms from the Language of Binding thesaurus in 655_7 $2 lobt as we do with
rbbin and the other controlled vocabularies.

Again, the code does not validate in OCLC right now, and probably won't
until the next OCLC-MARC format update.

Thanks for your patience with all of my emails about this.

Matt