[DCRM-L] Fwd: [PCCLIST] 2015 Approved RDA Proposals

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Wed Mar 9 16:50:55 MST 2016

As you may have seen on other lists, the RSC has just released final
versions of revisions to RDA instructions based on the outcomes of the
November 2015 JSC/RSC meeting in Edinburgh.

Note that the changes to RDA will not be in effect until they appear in the
April 2016 Update of RDA Toolkit.

The following five revision documents may perhaps be of particular interest
to rare materials catalogers.

6JSC/LC/32/rev/Sec final  [Revision to instructions for devised titles in
RDA 2.3.2.11]
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-LC-32-rev-Sec-final.pdf

6JSC/CCC/16/Sec final  [Transcription of punctuation and symbols (1.7.3,
1.7.5)]
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-CCC-16-Sec-final.pdf

6JSC/BL/26/Sec final  [2.7 Production Statement: changing method of
recording]
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-BL-26-Sec-final.pdf

6JSC/ALA/44/rev/UK rep follow up/Sec final  [now:  3.9.1.3 Changes to
Production method terms]
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-ALA-44-rev-UK-rep-follow-up-Sec-final.pdf

6JSC/ALA/42/Sec final [Clarify *Sources of Information* for Statement of
Responsibility Relating to Title Proper (RDA 2.4.2.2, etc.)]
http://www.rda-rsc.org/sites/all/files/6JSC-ALA-42-Sec-final.pdf

Note also that in response to the revisions proposed in 6JSC/ALA/45
Referential relationships, which was led by RBMS, RSC has either deferred
action or rejected the proposed revisions. So no changes are being made to
the RDA text at this time.

Please do let me know if you have any comments or concerns about these or
any other revisions. While our chance to influence these specific proposals
was during the public review process last Fall, follow-up work will be
ongoing for some more complex proposals, and is also possible for us to
respond with new proposals if we have objections or unresolved concerns.
Alternatively, we can work to identify ways to meet our community's needs
through other channels. And as always, our community expertise input really
does help inform the work of CC:DA and RDA in shaping and evaluating future
proposals and priorities.

Thank you,

Matthew
RBMS Liaison to CC:DA