[DCRM-L] Unrecognized variant?

Shiner, Elaine P. eshiner at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:14:10 MDT 2016

According to OCLC guidelines on When to Input a New Record, a “ variation in preliminary paging, post paging or separate paging” (not sure what they mean by ‘separate paging’) does not justify making a new record.  If you made a new record, and the preliminary pagination was the only difference, your record might merge with that of  the x, 440 p. issue.

You can make a new record, however, if you use the rare book rules (dcrmb)

Elaine
Elaine Shiner,
Rare Book Cataloger
Houghton Library, Harvard University