[DCRM-L] capturing recent prices in digital scans: yes or no?

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed May 11 18:05:17 MDT 2016

Another factor is what the purpose of the scanning is. If it’s to put the scan into a public archive such as Internet Archive or HathiTrust, I might not include price information. If it’s to mount an exhibit of books that once belonged to so and so, maybe prices written into the volume are important, particularly if they’re part of an inscription.

Also, is the figure clearly the price a specific former owner actually paid, or is it a bookseller’s price pencilled in, without reference to a particular buyer?

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602