[DCRM-L] Subfields for 655 7

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Fri May 20 11:43:27 MDT 2016

Hi Dawn,

Here are the codes:

*rbbin *Binding terms: a thesaurus for use in rare book and special
collections cataloguing*rbgenr *Genre terms: a thesaurus for use in rare
book and special collections cataloguing*rbpap *Paper terms: a thesaurus
for use in rare book and special collections cataloging*rbpri *Printing &
publishing evidence: a thesaurus for use in rare book and special
collections cataloging*rbprov *Provenance evidence: a thesaurus for use in
rare book and special collections cataloging*rbpub *Printing and publishing
evidence: a thesaurus for use in rare book and special collections
cataloging*rbtyp *Type evidence: a thesaurus for use in rare book and
special collections cataloging

For a full list, see:
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html

Matt

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM, dawn.grattino <dawn.grattino at cpl.org>
wrote:

> Greetings, I want to include some 655s for genre and binding terms from
> the RBMS controlled vocabularies in a dcrm record I am creating for an
> English grammar for French-speakers from 1756.
>

> What should I put in $2? OCLC does not like $2 rbms
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Dawn Grattino
>
> Senior Catalog Librarian
>
> Cleveland Public Library
>
> Catalog Dept.
>
> 17133 Lakeshore Blvd.
>
> Cleveland, OH 44110
>
> 216-623-2885
>
> fax 216-623-6980
>
> dawn.grattino at cpl.org
>
> http://www.cpl.org
>
> NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are
> intended solely for the use of the addressees and may contain legally
> privileged, protected or confidential information. If you have received
> this message in error, and/or you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately by e-mail reply and please delete this
> message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any unauthorized use,
> reproduction, forwarding, distribution, or other dissemination of this
> transmission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger
102 Butler Library
Columbia University Libraries