[DCRM-L] Question about relator term #e depicted

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Oct 25 07:36:30 MDT 2016

Allison,

I suppose there’s nothing to stop an agency from using the term in a narrow sense, e.g. paired only with individual persons.

But taking it as defined, depicted can be used with any entity – which means just about anything goes. An entity can be a person, group of persons, and so much more (any thing, real or fictional). Note also the MARC relator term setting:

Setting [stg]  An entity in which the activity or plot of a work takes place, e.g. a geographic place, a time period, a building, an event

There, examples of entities include “geographic place, a time period, a building, an event.” It seems normal to me (and useful!) that depicted should also be paired with the same variety of entities.

Francis