[DCRM-L] Question about relator term #e depicted

Allison Rich allison_rich at brown.edu
Tue Oct 25 05:45:13 MDT 2016

Hi All:

I just worked with Ellen Cordes at the Lewis Walpole Library for a few
days recently in order to learn how to cataloguegraphic materials using
DCRMG.

I had a fantastic time and Ellen is a wonderful teacher.

I started to put it into practice when I got back to my library and have
run across a question which Ellen suggested I pose to the list:

It involves the correct usage of the relator term #e depicted.

The definition of the relator term reads:

"Depicted[dpc] -- An entity depicted or portrayed in a work,
particularly in a work of art"

Does the word "entity" have any weight here. Can I use the term with a
group of persons (e.g. Jesuits or Quakers) or can it only apply to a
single person, whether real of fictional?

Thanks for your advice and input.

Best,

Allison

--