[DCRM-L] continuous signatures but separate page counts

Joan Milligan jmilligan1 at udayton.edu
Tue Aug 1 10:12:15 MDT 2017

Hello, [RBC201706] and DCRM(B)ers in general!

I have a Catholic breviary that has seen a lot of use. The title page is
missing and what is left of the frontmatter is loose from the binding. I
have to devise a title, make an educated guess about the publisher, date,
etc.

Here is my problem. Although the signatures are continuously numbered
through the entire book, the page numbering denotes three different books:
*[Brevarium Romanum]*, pages 1-804
*Commune Sanctorum*, pages j-ccv
*Proprium Festorum, quae in Hispania ex aspostolica concessione* ..., pages
1-174.

The *Proprium Festorum* has a title page with a place of publication,
publisher, and date.

I think I want the *Brevarium Romanum* and *Proprium Festorum* in the 245
(DCRM(B) 7B16.1), but not *Commune Sanctorum*. What do you think? I will
also mention there are four small bound-withs, which I am considering
separately since they are not in the signature count.

Thank you for your help,
Joan

Joan Milligan
Special Collections Cataloger