[DCRM-L] continuous signatures but separate page counts

Joan Milligan jmilligan1 at udayton.edu
Wed Aug 2 07:34:59 MDT 2017

Dear Felicia,

Thank you for all of your ideas. I did not find it in Biblioteca Digital
Hispanica, but the suggestion gave me the idea to search the internet. I
found helpful information on eBay! (Should I admit that?). It does seem to
be one volume of a 4-volume set. You are right about the full title too.

After reading the sample note you found for me (I will use it as a model),
I spent more time looking closely at how the *Proprium Festorum *is handled
in other bibs. It appears all over, in any MARC field that can be used for
a title. It seems my focus on signatures vs. page numbers was misdirected.
Prayers for a region's saints is apparently common to include in
breviaries; some catalogers think its title deserves more prominence than
others.

I appreciate the time you spent helping me. Thank you!

Joan

Joan Milligan
Special Collections Cataloger
University of Dayton Libraries