[DCRM-L] dcrmmss validation

Wed Jan 4 14:44:55 MST 2017

New codes have to wait six months before use after publication, right? Expressly to give vendors the chance to update validation files.

Deborah J. Leslie | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 201 East Capitol Street, S.E. | Washington, DC 20003 | 202.675-0369 | orcid.org 0000-0001-5848-5467

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Margaret F. Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 15:02
To: DCRM Users' Group
Cc: Weitz,Jay
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] dcrmmss validation

But LC *has* published the list; you can see it at the link Nina gave:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/descriptive-conventions.html

The code dcrmmss is listed there as an approved code. Is there somebody you or we could nudge at OCLC to get this added to the validation tables, Jackie and Jay? The code was approved by the MARC Standards Office in September, so it’s been 4 months already--!

Thanks,

Margaret

Margaret F. Nichols
Rare Materials Cataloging Coordinator
Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections
2B Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-5302
Tel. (607) 255-9667