[DCRM-L] illustration technique / reproduction technique

Matthew Ducmanas matthew.ducmanas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:14:22 MST 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful answer, Erin. You eloquently put to words
that distinction that I was muddling over.

In those situations where both are known the addition of both terms and a
note strikes me as the ideal solution. I'm reminded of my studio
art courses in undergrad. At times an instructor would show us work in
class (digitized, reproduced in books, etc.) and sometimes we'd go to
special collections and look at the originals themselves. Both had their
own pedagogical aims just as users might approach the bibliographic record
through one or the other illustration genre terms.

Thanks again,
Matt