[DCRM-L] Duplicate pcc Records for an Incunable

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Fri Jan 13 08:35:27 MST 2017

I note that there are duplicate OCLC 042 pcc records for Martial,
Epigrammata, Venice, 1475 (ISTC im00300000). This shouldn't happen, yes?

#910621814 CLU ǂb eng ǂe dcrmb ǂc CLU ǂd DLC ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCF ǂd OCLCQ
(LCCN 2014659044)

#12206028 CLU ǂb eng ǂe dcrmb ǂc CLU ǂd OCL ǂd OCLCQ ǂd OCLCG ǂd IUL ǂd
OCLCQ ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCA ǂd OCLCQ ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCF

CIBN (to which I have no access that I can trace) "describes two variants"
according to ISTC, Bod-inc *et al*., the nature of which is which is hinted
at in one of two BnF records  "Cet ex. diffère du précédent par la
suppression des deux lignes qui précèdent l'adresse", and also in Bod-inc's
copy description, "Apparently *CIBN*‘s variant B, with gathering h signed
as h, rather than b." Neither is mentioned in the pcc records. As to the
latter, hmmm... This printer's h is very b-ish--in the copy in hand only h3
is missigned b3. Earth- shattering.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>