[DCRM-L] Duplicate pcc Records for an Incunable

Fri Jan 13 10:01:13 MST 2017

Richard, I think you're way overthinking it. Given that both these records were "entered" on the same day (19850627) and come from the same source, I don't see that there's anything other than a computer hiccup indicated here. Follow procedures (or not) for duplicate master records.

Deborah J. Leslie | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 201 East Capitol Street, S.E. | Washington, DC 20003 | 202.675-0369 | orcid.org 0000-0001-5848-5467

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Noble, Richard
Sent: Friday, 13 January, 2017 10:35
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: [DCRM-L] Duplicate pcc Records for an Incunable

I note that there are duplicate OCLC 042 pcc records for Martial, Epigrammata, Venice, 1475 (ISTC im00300000). This shouldn't happen, yes?

#910621814 CLU ǂb eng ǂe dcrmb ǂc CLU ǂd DLC ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCF ǂd OCLCQ (LCCN 2014659044)

#12206028 CLU ǂb eng ǂe dcrmb ǂc CLU ǂd OCL ǂd OCLCQ ǂd OCLCG ǂd IUL ǂd OCLCQ ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCA ǂd OCLCQ ǂd OCLCO ǂd OCLCF

CIBN (to which I have no access that I can trace) "describes two variants" according to ISTC, Bod-inc et al., the nature of which is which is hinted at in one of two BnF records  "Cet ex. diffère du précédent par la suppression des deux lignes qui précèdent l'adresse", and also in Bod-inc's copy description, "Apparently CIBN‘s variant B, with gathering h signed as h, rather than b." Neither is mentioned in the pcc records. As to the latter, hmmm... This printer's h is very b-ish--in the copy in hand only h3 is missigned b3. Earth- shattering.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br<mailto:RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu<http://own.edu>>