[DCRM-L] Seeking DCRM(G) knowledge

lxm142630 at utdallas.edu lxm142630 at utdallas.edu
Wed Jul 5 08:17:15 MDT 2017

Hello all,

My institution received a donation of 302 photographs taken by Bob Seidemann that are divided into 3 boxes. The first box consists of 95 portraits, 65 of which are signed by the subject. The second and third portfolios contain photographs of planes, plane ruins, air shows, etc. Each photograph is dated between 1988-1999. For the 300 ǂc, I gave the size of the photographs and the size of the portfolio boxes containing the photographs but then I received guidance to use DCRM(G)’s Chapter 5 – Physical Description Area for the 300 field instead.

This is what I’ve come up with based on DCRM(G):

300 _ _ $a 302 photographs in 3 portfolios : $b gelatin silver prints, black and white, in gray boxes ; $c sheets 51 x 40 cm, portfolios 55 x 43 cm

For subfield a, I consulted DCRM(G) 5B4.1
For subfield b, I consulted DCRM(G) 5C1
For subfield c, I consulted DCRM(G) 5D4.3

Would someone look over OCLC #988611420 and send me any suggestions please? As a first-time consulter of DCRM(G) (and a new-ish cataloger), any guidance is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Liz

Liz Muñoz Martin, MLS
Metadata Librarian
Special Collections and Archives Division
Eugene McDermott Library
800 West Campbell Road, MC 33
Richardson, TX 75080
lxm142630 at utdallas.edu<mailto:lxm142630 at utdallas.edu> | 972.883.2596