[DCRM-L] letter authorship

Maria Oldal oldalm at themorgan.org
Wed Oct 4 15:36:13 MDT 2017

Erin,

While I would be delighted to see "sender" added to the list of
relationship designators, I am concerned about the conflict "recipient" has
with the MARC term list.

Addressee [rcp]A person, family, or organization to whom the correspondence
in a work is addressed
UF Recipient

Do you, or anyone else on the list, know the background of the change? The
code remained "rcp." I wonder what exactly necessitated this. Will the RBMS
relator term change as well?

Maria

--
Maria Oldal
Manager of Collections Information and Library Systems
Email: oldalm at themorgan.org