[DCRM-L] CLC (abbreviated bibliography citation)

Sheola, Noah sheola at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 30 13:13:27 MDT 2017

Can anyone identify a bibliography abbreviated as CLC? I have lately come across a few 16th-century continental editions with this citation, and I'm stumped. I have checked this form against Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging to no avail.

Books with a CLC number often also seem to have an Adams (i.e. Adams, H.M. Catalogue of books printed on the continent of Europe, 1501-1600, in Cambridge libraries) - if that gives a clue to the scope.

Thank you.

Noah Sheola
Bibliographic Assistant /
Metadata Assistant