[DCRM-L] Signing statement in Connexion pt. 2

Mark Seidl marseidl at vassar.edu
Tue Sep 19 11:56:01 MDT 2017

Dear all,

At Richard Noble's request I'm posting my query again with the collation
I'm trying to get through OCLC.

I am attempting to include a full collation in a 500 field of an original
record. The signing statement begins with $4 for four leaves signed.
However, OCLC Connextion reads this as a subfield 4 and refuses to validate
the record.

Here's the collation:

8°: ã⁸ ẽ⁸ A-2V⁸ 2X⁴ [ $4 (-ã1,2X3,4) signed]; 364 leaves, pp. [32] 1-680
[16] [misnumbering 183 as 189, 186-7 as 192-3, 190 as 196, 191 as 193, 371
as 571, 634 as 934, 680 as 580]

BTW, Connexion also doesn't allow--or I can't find the function--for
italicized characters, so the bracketed numbers in the pagination statement
which should be italicized aren't. I hope that context in this case
indicates that these are total numbers of unnumbered pages, rather than
inferred page numbers.

Has anyone encountered this problem and, if so, found a way to finesse the
code/symbol issue?

Thanks very much.

--

Mark Seidl
Technical Services Librarian for Special Collections