[DCRM-L] Contemporary "unofficial" editions?

Tue Apr 17 16:08:20 MDT 2018

The identification of a publication as pirated is a scholarly question. Since you have no evidence, don't call it that. If you want to make a note, you could make reciprocal notes, something like "Also published as: Twelve subjects : water cure &c.

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu |

From: DCRM-L [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Tysinger
Sent: Friday, 06 April, 2018 16:11
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Contemporary "unofficial" editions?

Hi Honor,
Yes, I've seen those. I didn't include it in my message, since that was complicated enough in itself!
But I did create an html page for my own reference to help me compare the versions.
http://www.unc.edu/~btysingr/WaterCure/WaterCureComparison.html

It's also interesting to note that the images, but not the text, are reversed between the 1857 and 1860 editions of the Thomas Onwhyn engravings.

Barbara