[DCRM-L] Extent for 2 v. in 1

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Aug 30 11:47:02 MDT 2018

Even for c19-c21 books in publisher bindings I'd be inclined to back up the
extent statement with an explicit note that X otherwise distinct
bibliographical units are "bound, as issued, in Y volumes", or something
like that: whatever is needed to certify that the cataloger is not just
making it up on the basis of insufficient evidence.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>