[DCRM-L] 752 |e or |4?

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:50:30 MST 2018

We'd like to start using 752$e, too -- but so far our policy has only
changed verb tense, from "we will revisit this once relationship
designators are authorized" to "we are revisiting this now that
relationship designators are authorized."

   - Policy: Only use 752 for place of publication or creation of the
   resource (we are revisiting this now that relationship designators are
   authorized for use in MARC 752; meanwhile, if considered important, use MARC
   751
   <https://folgerpedia.folger.edu/MARC_751_Added_Entry_-_Geographic_Name> for
   place of occurrence, e.g., if the material is related to an event, such as
   a sermon or auction)

See
https://folgerpedia.folger.edu/MARC_752_Added_Entry_-_Hierarchical_Place_Name
(which, if you're reading this from the DCRM-L archives, might have changed
since the above information was copy-and-pasted from it.

Erin.

________

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D.  |  Head of Collection Information Services  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  office tel. +1 202-675-0323
o����7