[DCRM-L] RBMS Q3: Sources of information

Mascaro, Michelle mmascaro at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:45:02 MST 2018

Happy New Year.  The next issue I would like to present for community discussion is sources of information.  The current draft of the RBMS PS proposes a different order of preference for choosing a source of information for resources that lack a title page than what is in RDA proper (including the RDA early print resources exception).  Due to the complexity of the changes, I am attaching a copy of the 2.2 RBMS PS side by side with RDA text for additional context. (I omitted the RDA instructions for subrules where there are no PS.)  The section about manifestations with no title page, title sheet, or title card is under 2.2.2.  I am particularly interested in community feedback on both the proposed order and general thoughts on whether it is problematic for the RBMS PS to deviate from RDA here. (Technically, the same resource could be described with two different title whether one is following RDA proper or the RBMS PS.)

Best,

Michelle Mascaro
Head, Special Collections Metadata
University of California, San Diego