[DCRM-L] signing oddity

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Jan 31 08:51:09 MST 2018

The only candidate I can find would be the *Cura clericalis* printed at the
Druckerei Retro Minores in the same year, 16 leaves, A-D^4 (VD16 C 6356,
per OCLC 900373875), which is signed in the same manner (signing $1,3 or
$1,3,5), if I infer correctly from one WorldCat description (OCLC
17377609) that
gives the signatures as A-D3 (that record gives the format as octavo,
though I assume that these are actually quartos).

You could sniff around for evidence of the two works being bound together,
but even as a conjectural explanation I think this would do.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>