[DCRM-L] Indexing 510 locally

Randal S. BRANDT rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 17 10:53:43 MDT 2018

Several years ago (2013, I believe), I successfully lobbied for the
inclusion of 510 in the keyword index of our catalog. My initial request to
include 510 was denied, so I conducted an informal survey, via DCRM-L, to
find out which institutions indexed the 510. Of the responses I got, nearly
all of the institutions did index the 510. I'm sharing the results of that
survey here:

*1)      **In your OPAC, is the 510 field included in the keyword index?*

·         Yale: Yes

·         Stanford: Yes

·         Wesleyan: Yes

·         UCLA: Yes (ALL bib fields indexed)

·         UT Austin: Yes ($a only; will be submitting request to add $c)

·         UCSD: Yes

·         Clark Library: Yes

·         U. of Akron (OhioLINK): Yes

·         Penn State: Yes

·         U. of Colorado: Yes

·         U. of Chicago: No

·         St. Louis U.: Yes

·         Ohio State U.: Yes

--
Randal S. Brandt
The Bancroft Library | University of California, Berkeley
510.643.2275 | rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu