[DCRM-L] Publication information on book of illustrations, 1795

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 12:54:59 MST 2019

Just keep in mind that the abbreviation does not get expanded when
transcribed in the imprint, the "r" just gets lowered to the line, "I.
Flaxman, Junr."

Bonus trivia: the artist is known as "FLAX-MAN! The Linen Superhero!" in my
household thanks to my husband having seen the all-caps surname on a file
folder in my Rare Book School teaching materials.

Erin.

Erin Blake, PhD  |  pronouns: she/her/hers  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  www.folger.edu