[DCRM-L] What is this sign?

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Jul 24 08:46:58 MDT 2019

ESTC gives the signature as "[fleuron]^4". You're right about that.

The table may be something of a floater, since the signature is not
positional. For example, the full ESTC formula represents a copy bound with
the table at end:

       Signatures: pi² ²pi1 ³pi² A⁴ B-2C⁶ 2D² [fleuron]⁴.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>