[DCRM-L] WEMI: Title proper of a "work"

Sat May 11 09:59:47 MDT 2019

As Kim Taylor and I are editing DCRM3 according to the PBworks General Errata (dcrmedits.pbworks.com/w/page/69462064/General errata), we came across bullet point 9 ("Search and replace the words "work' ...") that we don't know how to edit.

1B6. Title proper with supplementary or section designation or title

If the title proper for a work that is supplementary to, or a section of, another work appears in two or more grammatically separable parts, transcribe the title of the main work first, followed by the designation(s) and/or title(s) of the supplement(s) or section(s) in order of their dependence.  Make a note indicating the original position on the title page of any transposed elements.

Faust. Part one

Note: Title page reads: Part one. Faust

However, works do not have titles proper-that's a property of manifestation. Before Kim and I tie ourselves into knots trying to think how to rewrite this, we're appealing to the DCRM hive mind for suggestions.

Similar problems exist in DCRM(B) 1D2.4, 1E9, 7B18.2, Appendix F(1B6).

Thanks for your ideas.

Deborah J. Leslie, MA, MLS | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 201 East Capitol Street, S.E. | Washington, DC 20003 | 202.675-0369 | orcid.org 0000-0001-5848-5467