[DCRM-L] Question for Cataloguing Departments

Estelle Markel-Joyet emarkel-joyet at amphilsoc.org
Thu Oct 31 08:05:42 MDT 2019

Hi, folks!

Here at the APS, we're trying to do what we can to eliminate waste and to
be more aware of our affect on the environment. I'm representing the
cataloguing department and have been tasked with this question: "Please
think specifically about your department and identify areas of improvement,
small or big. Bring these ideas to our next meeting."

Other than making sure we recycle, I can't think of anything the
cataloguing department can do. We use Co-libri wrappings on some of our
books, which is a petroleum product, but I don't know of any viable
alternatives. What would you all do, if posed with this question?
Alternatively, have there been any actions in your institutions that you
can share?

Thanks in advance, Estelle

--
Estelle Markel-Joyet, MLIS (she/hers)
Assistant Head of Cataloguing

Tune in and listen to the APS podcast here
<https://www.amphilsoc.org/podcast>