[DCRM-L] EEBO copy of Wing W3057A: Harvard, or BL?

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Wed Apr 8 08:56:03 MDT 2020

Hello! The old EEBO interface (the yellow one) says "Copy from: British Library" on the durable link page for Wing W3057A  (http://gateway.proquest.com/openurl?ctx_ver=Z39.88-2003&res_id=xri:eebo&rft_id=xri:eebo:image:106175) but the new interface (teal green) says "Reproduction of original in the Harvard University Library" (https://search.proquest.com/docview/2240876494/17197334)

Several other places in the metadata (and in ESTC) say it's the Harvard copy, not the BL, but I need to be certain (I'm working with a scholar who is making a catalogue raisonné of the artist).

Unfortunately, we're under a stay-at-home order in DC, so I can't go look at the microfilm, which includes the 'tombstone' label and ruler identifying the institution as the first shot for each title [insert rant about key information being silently dropped in scanned copies here].

Long story short: does anyone know for-sure which copy is in EEBO?

Additional information: ESTC and EEBO assume the dedication page is the title page, but the actual title page (usually lacking) is a plate with "THE ROYALL PALLACE OF AUDLEYEND" etched in banderoles.

Thanks,

Erin.