[DCRM-L] a model ship

Margaret F. Nichols mnr1 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 9 09:26:39 MST 2020

I agree with the idea of treating the manufacturer as the “author” (creator) and the model builder as an additional access point. He’s in a role similar to that of a person who writes out a copy of a manuscript and, in the process, modifies it slightly, either deliberately or by accident. I can’t find a ready-made relator term for the model assembler, either, but perhaps you could devise the term “assembler.”

I’ll be interested to hear what you come up with in the end. Please do tell!

Best,

Margaret

Margaret F. Nichols
Rare Materials Cataloging Coordinator