[DCRM-L] a model ship

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 9 10:17:33 MST 2020

Hi Francis,

I literally just cataloged a model ship yesterday. It was scratch built, so my decision was easy. I used the name of the model-maker for the main entry.

As for a relationship designator, how about:

Manufacturer [mfr]
A person or organization responsible for printing, duplicating, casting, etc. a resource

I haven't used this yet myself, but am thinking that might be the most accurate since model-maker isn't (yet) an option.

Interested to hear other thoughts.

Nina

Nina M. Schneider
Rare Books Librarian
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, UCLA
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018
(310) 794-5780

nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu