[DCRM-L] Machine-press special collections

Matthew Ducmanas matthew.ducmanas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:36:22 MDT 2020

Great question, Deborah. I'm curious to see the answers to this as well.
And I'll also echo that Brenna gave a fantastic and interesting
presentation. Well done!

Similar to Christine, I'd say the bulk (90%+) of what I have cataloged in
my position at Temple University has been post-1830. We also have a wide
range of collections but here are some examples of what I have spent a good
chunk of time cataloging and that regularly cross my desk:

   - Early 20th century fine/small press publications
   - Science fiction mass market paperbacks
   - Artists' books
   - 1960s-present radical literature
   - Zines (I spent much of last year cataloging a large collection of
   these)
   - materials relating to Philadelphia (all dates but much is post-1830)
   - university-related publications
   - printing/publishing/bookselling collections (all dates but much is
   post-1830)
   - early African-American literature
   - materials published by the Jewish Publication Society and relating to
   Philadelphia's Jewish community

Not surprisingly, much of what I catalog falls into one of the categories
listed here on the SCRC's Collecting Emphases page:
https://library.temple.edu/categories/scrc-collections