[DCRM-L] Machine-press special collections

Will Evans evans at bostonathenaeum.org
Wed Jul 8 14:08:18 MDT 2020

I would say about 70% percent of what crosses our desks these days is
post-1830 materials.

Artists' books

Gift books

Publishers' bindings (and accompanying text)

Fine/designer/art bindings (and accompanying text)

Private press books

Confederate imprints

Civil War era Northern imprints

19th century illustrated works

Broadsides (19th-20th century, especially New England)

Tracts (political treatises, sermons, annual reports, etc. especially New
England)

Trade catalogs, and printed ephemera (especially Boston)

Posters (World War I & II)

Bookplates

Sheet music

Best,

Will

Will Evans, MLIS

[he/him/his]

N.E.H. Chief Technical Services Librarian

Library of the Boston Athenaeum

10 1/2 Beacon Street

Boston, MA   02108

Tel:  617-227-0270 ext. 243