[DCRM-L] Question on Specially Issued Copies

Graham Skinner skinner at bostonathenaeum.org
Wed Jul 29 07:18:12 MDT 2020

Howdy all y'all,

I'm sending on this question, after an inhouse discussion of whether a
recent acquisition should go on an existing record, which describes a
single volume, or a new record should be created to reflect our copy.

The item in hand is *An alphabet of extinct mammals. *Our copy of the
volume was issued in a specially designed case containing 2 portfolios of
artist's proofs (prints) of illustrations in the book and 2 copper printing
plates. The volume was issued by the Chevington Press in an edition of 55.
Their website states that deluxe copies of their works are available,
although our copy does not have a marking (if one exists) to state that as
such.

Does the inclusion of the accompanying material and the fact it was issued
in this manner justify the creation of a new record or should I augment the
record for the single volume to reflect our copy?

Cheers,

Graham Skinner

--
Graham Skinner