[DCRM-L] Signature question: a second thought

Nicholas Sparks nicholas.a.sparks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:52:14 MDT 2020

Hi Jessie,

Following from Richard Noble’s point:

Bowers deals with this under ‘Missignings and Misprints’ and writes of two
formulary methods which could be applied. Out of interest are other copies
you have seen signed the same way? I am mindful of Bowers’ note here
“missignings which become perpetuated must be handled more conservatively
without regularizing”.

Sorry if this goes more into matters bibliographical than cataloguing. For
what a non-cataloguer’s reaction is worth, Margaret Nichols’ explanation
seems clear and logical to me.

Nick

*Nicholas Sparks, M.Lib, PhD (Cantab)*

Medieval and Early Modern Centre