[DCRM-L] Foam Book Cradles -- Recommendations and Suppliers

Sarah Stanhope sstanhop at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:51:16 MDT 2020

Good Morning All,

I am trying to source foam cradles for the cataloging team at my library. I
have used the urethane foam book cradles for cataloging in the past and
have found them easy to use and helpful. Does anyone have any
recommendations or suggestions for sourcing materials for DIY cradles or
ready-made foam cradles?

Any advice/concerns for off-gassing from the urethane foam? I am interested
to know what types of book supports you are using at your institution
(specifically for cataloging, but also in the reading room) and what the
pros and cons have been based on your experience.

Recommended alternatives are also welcome to the urethane book cradles!
Please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks!

Sarah Stanhope
Managing Catalog Librarian