[DCRM-L] online courses or training opportunities/resources

Bob Kosovsky bobkosovsky at nypl.org
Wed Mar 18 09:22:02 MDT 2020

Of course there are the DCRM manuals at the RBMS website:
http://rbms.info/dcrm/

But a lot of cataloging requires judgement which you get from colleagues.
In that light, I strongly suggest you join the Facebook group "Troublesome
Catalogers and Magical Metadata Faires":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/161813927168408/

Yes, it's an amusing name.  The group is not Special Collections
cataloging—although participants do raise such issues from time to time.
There's a ton of good advice from the catalogers there and one can learn
lots from observing the back-and-forth dialogue among participants.

Bob Kosovsky, Ph.D. -- Librarian, Rare Books and Manuscripts,
Music & Recorded Sound Division
The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts - Dorothy and Lewis B.
Cullman Center

40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023

www.nypl.org