[DCRM-L] MARC / Bibframe

Washington, Brittney brittney.washington at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 17 09:19:20 MDT 2021

Hi Allison,

The Bibliographic Standards Committee of RBMS has been keeping up with linked data developments. The Art and Rare Materials Ontology extension<https://art-and-rare-materials-bf-ext.github.io/arm/v1.0/> has been developed over some years to account for rare materials and special collection library needs. We have also just formed a Sinopia<https://sinopia.io/> (a linked data editor) working group to investigate creating BSC-approved resource templates for rare books.

Outside of RBMS, the LD4 community<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ld4.io&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1629216788469000&usg=AFQjCNEzzZckwyoYtTdxFzlYfho_R4sFGw> has a Rare Materials Affinity Group that meets regularly and I would encourage anyone who’s interested in this topic to attend. You can join the email list<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://groups.google.com/g/ld4-rare-materials&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1629216788469000&usg=AFQjCNH3vOQ-bUsxx0Q0SK6pJywBKSBXRw> or the slack #rareaffinitygrp at https://ld4.slack.com<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ld4.slack.com/&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1629216788469000&usg=AFQjCNHGpESlVy0Qk6sfX23Wr7NplPFJ4g>.

Brittney Washington
Metadata & Cataloging Librarian for Special Formats
Harry Ransom Center
The University of Texas at Austin
(512) 232-1681