[DCRM-L] help with a book term

Harriett Smith harriett at uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 2 13:14:44 MST 2021

Hello All,

I have spent a lot of time trying to find this term, but without knowing what it is I don't seem to be able to find it.

I have a book where the pages are printed as normal on the rectos. On p. 175 you turn the book so that the front cover is now the back cover, and there is page 176. The last page of the work is printed on the verso of the title page.

When I looked at the descriptions of dos-à-dos or tête-bêche they seem to be describing two different titles bound back-to-back and upside down, not one title. The piece in hand is all one bibliographic work.

I feel sure there is a term for this and it's driving me crazy! Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks,

Harriett

Harriett Smith
Cataoger, University of Oregon Libraries
harriett at uoregon.edu