[DCRM-L] Potential addition of $i to record source of title for the 245?

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Jan 12 07:55:51 MST 2021

Hi Erin.

I see the appeal in your suggestion. If there is consensus for such a change, is it possible that there'd be benefit to having a parallel mechanism available in other transcribed fields (250, 26x, 490)? I haven't thought it through.

I also wonder if the scope of your suggestion overlaps (in part, at least) with the following MARC discussion paper on the agenda for Midwinter:

MARC DISCUSSION PAPER NO. 2021-DP06
Recording Data Provenance in the MARC 21 Formats
https://www.loc.gov/marc/mac/2021/2021-dp06.html

Francis