[DCRM-L] RDA Edition news + Using RDA extent terms for DCRM-G specific material designation terms

Hobart, Elizabeth efh7 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 28 06:20:19 MST 2021

Hi Glenn,

I am the editor for DCRM (RDA Edition). Our original publication schedule was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this point, the Editorial Group has completed a draft of the book-related instructions for DCRMR. The RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee will begin reviewing the initial text in the next month. We hope to release a draft for public review this summer or fall. We will also begin incorporating additional manuals into DCRMR and crafting policy statements to add to the RDA Toolkit. In the meantime, the options for using DCRM and RDA outlined at https://rbms.info/dcrm/rda/ are still available.

I will be giving a more detailed update on DCRMR at tomorrow’s BSC meeting. The meeting agenda is available on the RBMS website: https://rbms.info/bibliographic_standards/committee-docs/bibstandagenda2021-01-29.pdf. We also keep the current status of DCRMR is posted at https://rbms.info/dcrm/rda/. I’m always happy to answer any questions posted to DCRM-L or to me directly.

Best,
Elizabeth.

--
Elizabeth Hobart
Special Collections Cataloging Librarian