[DCRM-L] Blog post on brevigraphs: comments and corrections welcome

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:15:15 MDT 2021

I volunteered to make replacement high-resolution images of DCRM Appendix
G's early modern letterforms and brevigraphs for the DCRMR editorial team,
and ended up learning a lot, including that a chart of "if you see this, do
that" doesn't have enough room for explanations. With encouragement from
Deborah J. Leslie, I put together a blog post for *The Collation* (the
Folger's research-and-collections blog) in order to get it off my chest.

The chart for DCRMR is still in progress, so this is also an excellent
opportunity to crowd-source additions, corrections, clarifications, &c.

Please see https://collation.folger.edu/2021/09/brevigraphs/ and let me
know what you think (comments are moderated, so they won't appear online
right away).

See no. 17 [scilicet] and no. 19  [habet] in particular, because they both
consider different possibilities for transcription than currently found in
DCRM.

Thanks,

Erin.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |
201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>