[DCRM-L] Tironian "et" revisited: not an ampersand

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:24:05 MDT 2021

Belatedly realized that there's a super-easy way to tell the difference
between a Tironian sign "et" and an ampersand, I just didn't think to
articulate it before: an ampersand extends above x-height, a Tironian sign
et does not.

Erin.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |
201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>