[DCRM-L] genre term for illuminated or rubricated initials?

Nicholas Sparks nicholas.a.sparks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:43:11 MDT 2022

Hi Noah:
Decorated initials are as much a part of print, as of manuscript culture,
as of art history. You might wish to use an available term from one of the
existing Thesauri and make a submission to the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies
Editorial Group next time the linked open data resource is to be updated.
Cheers,
Nick

--
*Nicholas Sparks, M.Lib, PhD (Cantab)*
Reviews Editor, *Script & Print: Bulletin of the Bibliographical Society of