[DCRM-L] Help with signatures

Graham Skinner skinner at bostonathenaeum.org
Fri Feb 4 07:48:58 MST 2022

Howdy all y'all,

Question on signatures. Please see photographs as I'm not sure how to
describe what appears correctly, but: The first gathering is on 4 folio
sheets, quired, and signed consecutively a through d. Signatures e and f
are individual gatherings as e^4, f^4. The text is paginated continuously.
The question mark leaf surrounds all the gatherings.

How would I give a signature statement for the signatures a-d?

Cataloguing title: Erros impios, e sediciosos, que os religiosos da
Companhia de Jesus ensinaraõ aos reos, que foraõ justiçados, e
pertenderaõ espalhar nos pòvos destes reynos. Lisboa : Na officina de
Miguel Rodriques, [1759?]. [2]. 32, [2] p.

Cheers,
Graham Skinner

--
Graham Skinner