[DCRM-L] Fund information, for the online catalog

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:55:42 MST 2022

Colleagues,

When you want fund information to display in the online catalog, what field do you use? My instinct is to find a home for it in field 541 of the Holdings record<https://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/hd541.html>, but the semantics of 541 subfields are all imperfect matches. In my ideal world, the fund data would display in alignment with the pertinent holding and it would be indexed as a search facet.

What do others do?

Thanks,
Francis

Francis Lapka
Senior Catalog Librarian
Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts
Yale Center for British Art
203-432-9672  *  francis.lapka at yale.edu<mailto:francis.lapka at yale.edu>