[DCRM-L] Printers for archival book slips

Diana Simpson Diana.Simpson at usm.edu
Wed May 11 10:00:46 MDT 2022

We are going to be changing to a new archival book slip.  Our previous slips were created in-house at 2 7/8 inch wide and we were able to print them using standard HP printers. In testing the width of the new slips (before ordering) we have been unable to print them because of the narrower width. The printer guides do not get narrow enough to hold the slips in place as the printer roller grabs them and they shift as they go through.

Does anyone have experience printing either of these slips? What printer do you use to print them? Is there an adapter for a standard printer tray to keep them in place?

2 ¼ inch wide Brodart
http://www.shopbrodart.com/library-supplies/archival-supplies/Archival-Conservation-Supplies/Archival-Labeling-Pens/_/Rare-Book-Identa-Strips/

2 3/8 inch wide Gaylord - although these look like they might be printed as perforated 8.5 x 11 sheets
https://www.gaylord.com/Preservation/Book-%26-Pamphlet-Preservation/Repair-Tools-%26-Supplies/Other-Tools-%26-Supplies/Gaylord-Archival%26%23174%3B-Untabbed-Rare-Book-ID-Strips-%28100-Pack%29/p/HYB01387

Or what slips / printers do you recommend?
You can email me off list.

Diana Simpson
Asst. Professor/Catalog Librarian
University Libraries