[DCRM-L] Wartime inflation stamps

Cawelti, Andrea cawelti at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 18 09:07:34 MDT 2023

Greetings, fellow rare materials enthusiasts, a question: I sometimes see stamps on scores indicating inflation, like "Majoration 400%" or "Teuerungszuschlag 500%" or "Majoration temporaire de 100% (décision de la Chambre Syndicate)". These are chiefly from WWII, but some might be from WWI. Does anyone know of a genre term for such stamps? I see that the term "Inflation" turns up in several thesauri, seems un genre-like, but would it work?
Grateful thanks for any suggestions,
andrea
--
(Ms.) Andrea Cawelti
Ward Music Cataloger

Phone: (617) 998-5259
FAX: (617) 495-1376
E-mail: cawelti at fas.harvard.edu

Member of the Encoding Standards subcommittee
Music Library Association, Cataloging and Metadata Committee

Houghton Library is currently open to the public, 10-5, Monday-Friday.
For more information, please contact us: houghton_library at harvard.edu