Topic 6: Glossary: Fingerprint and Topic 8: Future revisions

by way of Juliet McLaren <juliet@ucrac1.ucr.edu> Postmaster at ucrac1.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 11 13:49:17 MST 1999

  Bob, in response to your comment: "does such a thing exist?"  I assume that
  the Steele notations used to identify British royal proclamations are
  exactly what is meant by a 'fingerprint'.  That is, these notations consist
  of three words taken from specific places in the text which identify an
  issue, state, or impression uniquely--along with the usual bibliographic
  suspects: imprint, date, etc.

  As to topic 8: Revisions in the future -- does anyone have any bright
  thoughts on this at the present moment?

  I have an idea that we may need a standing committee on Relator Terms and
  Glossary items, such as the one on Genre Terms, to keep us moving in the
  right direction on a regular basis, but cannot yet deal very coherently
  with revising the current revision under construction--if you all follow
that.

  	- juliet

                       Juliet McLaren
  			Project Head, Early Serials
                   English Short-Title Catalogue
  	 Center for Bibliographical Studies and Research
        	   University of California - Riverside
                    e-mail: juliet at ucrac1.ucr.edu
            FAX: (909) 787-4120  Tel: (909) 787-5841

End of returned message